The best tasting allergy friendly pancake recipe we’ve had uses Metro’s Irresistables Gluten Free Pancake Mix. I love this product because it makes cooking pancakes so easy. Here is how I make them for my family:
For about 10 pancakes:
1 cup Irresistables Gluten Free Pancake Mix
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 “egg” (I substitute a real egg with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed well with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl)
1 cup of “milk” ( cow, rice, soy, oat, almond, etc)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Vegetable oil or unsalted butter for frying
1. Pour the pancake mix into a small bowl and add the cinnamon. Mix well.
2. If you are using egg replacer, prepare it as I have described above.
3. In a large bowl, add your milk, oil, vanilla and, lastly, the egg replacer. Use a wisk to beat these wet ingredients until they froth up.
4. Add the pancake mix with cinnamon to the wet ingredients and stir until lumps are gone.
5. The batter should rest a little before frying so heat your griddle or pan on medium high now. When it is hot, grease it with the butter or oil. Using a ladle, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Turn the pancakes when they bubble and the bottom turns golden brown. Cook for another minutes or two until the second side turns golden too. (I add more oil or butter after each batch of pancakes I make.)