My children’s favourite cookie to eat with milk. Keep these in a tin or plastic container. They will keep for longer in the refrigerator.
3/4 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons applesauce
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup of chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. In a bowl, wisk together all the dry ingredients. (The first 5 listed).
2. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add applesauce and vanilla. Mix in well.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix together until well blended.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
5. Form small balls (use a cookie dough scooper if you have one) with the dough and place on cookie sheet. Gently press down each cookie ball with two fingers. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on rack for at least 20 minutes before removing them. Very important to not pick them up until they have cooled. Finish cooling them on the rack before storing them in a tin or plastic bin.
Makes about 24 cookies.