This simple main course can be made with veal, beef or chicken cutlets.
1 lb veal, beef or chicken cutlets
White rice flour for dredging cutlets
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup of cold water.
Olive oil for browning cutlets
1/4 cup Marsala wine
1. Season the cutlets with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Dredge each cutlet in white rice flour.
3. Heat a large pan, add oil and then swirl until bottom of pan is coated.
4. When oil shimmers, add cutlets and lightly brown each side of cutlet. Set aside on plate.
5. Turn down heat, pour in Marsala wine and scrape bottom of pan.
6. Add broth and continue scraping 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust heat so that broth simmers.
7. Stir in cornstarch and water and stir until thickened.
8. Add cutlets back into thickened broth mixture. Cover the pan with a lid and keep cooking on low heat until cutlets are cooked through.